Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mahaffie Stagecoach

There are a lot of fun things to do around Olathe, KS. Last Saturday, we took Sadie to the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm. It's a heritage center with hands-on living history activities and stagecoach rides. Sadie really enjoyed the animals and Alex and I had fun learning about some farming history.

Admission (which was only about $5) included a ride on the stagecoach.


There is also a kitchen where you can taste some yummy homemade treats and you can try a little cooking yourself. Sadie and I cut out some biscuts.



Sadie always has to feed the goats! Usually, goats will eat plain old grass. Not these goats. They are a bit picky and decided to hold out for the banana peel. The farmer in the picture brought over his banana so Sadie could feed something to the goats. It was really nice of him. In fact, all of the staff were very friendly. I would recommend a visit if you are ever in the area.






In other news, Sadie has discovered eyeliner. She loves to put makeup on people (I remove the actual makeup and give her an empty container). Alex was a great sport when Sadie wanted to make Daddy's eyes pretty. Shes quite a character.



She is growing so quickly, I can hardly stand it. She looks so grown up in this picture. I love her to pieces!

3 comments:

Analeis Paul said...

You're little girl is such a cutie! I love all that blonde hair:)
Congratulations on your up and coming baby! That's such exciting news!
As for your question on my blog, Cody didn't grow up in Germany. He's from Alaska. (I guess technically he should claim Utah & Arizona as well, but since he did most of middle school and all of his high school years plus some in Anchorage, he just says he's from Alaska)
His parents and younger siblings are just living over seas for the next few years! I really hope Cody and I get the chance to go visit them someday!!!

Emily Kate Bankhead said...

Sadie is so cute! Congrats on another baby! Yay! I love seeing pictures of your family!

Megan Bollard said...

Can we get a post of what happened your first couple of hours back in Utah? I think it is post worthy and people will want to hear about it!