A few weeks ago, I caved and read the Twilight Saga. It all started when I got invited to girl's night, which was going to see
Eclipse at a fork and screen. I felt like I should read the books and be prepared for all the Twilight excitement that was to come. I have to admit, I actually enjoyed the books. The first two movies were a bit corny, so I had little hope for the books. They were not written well, but the story was fun to read. I was also surprised that I really liked the third movie. There wasn't as much over-the-top high school romance and they didn't show Edward without his shirt, which always makes a movie better! I would recommend the third movie, because the action is pretty good and the story line is enjoyable.
The night we were going to the theater, the actor who plays Emmet Cullen was suppose to make an appearance. Something changed and the actor who plays Billy Black, Jacob's dad, was there instead. You would have thought Johnny Depp was there giving away money! The picture below was taken by a friend who saw him, but decided it wasn't worth getting a closer look.
Our group bought out the whole showing! The women in the pictures are the ones I've met since being in KS. They are a fun bunch of women.
Part of the fork and screen experience is sitting in an incredibly comfy chair and having your food brought to you. The food was really yummy and the service was great. What a fun night!
3 comments:
So fun! I read the entire saga right after graduation, and I really enjoyed reading them too. I'm actually on my 2nd round reading them because I'm reading them outloud to Darwin. He likes them okay too :) We haven't seen Eclipse yet though. Probably in the 1st couple of weeks in August when my best friend is here visiting from Australia.
Bummer that you didn't get to meet Emmett. He's my favorite :)
So, are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?
The team question, huh? I have never officially declared my affiliation, but if I had to choose, based on the books only, Go Edward. I'm not too crazy about any of the main actors, but the book Edward definitely trumps the book Jacob. I feel so political now.
Haha. Yeah, Team Edward here too. Darwin says he's Team Emmett. I think he's biased though because I told him Emmett is my favorite next to Edward :)
Post a Comment